School and College Visits
Visiting the Cardiff Buddhist Centre
We welcome visits from schools and colleges. Our sessions typically include:
- Listening to an introduction to Buddhism and an account of the life of the Buddha
- Exploring Buddhist symbols and images
- Participating in a quiet reflection session and learning a simple, calming meditation practice
- Participating in a session of chanting
- Listening to Buddhist stories
- Watching stories (DVD format for Key Stage 1-4) and completing activity sheets
- Questions and answers
The sessions can be tailored to the needs of your group (including Key Stage 1-4 and college students). Please feel free to let us know your requirements.
We can also provide visitors to talk about Buddhism for your school or college.
How does the visit fit with the curriculum?
As a teacher or lecturer your main interests might be:-
- Showing your students a place of worship
- Making sense of Buddhist teachings e.g. The 8 Fold Path
- Understanding different festival days
- Learning about the Buddha as the leader of a major world faith
Thank you very much for your hospitality to us… The students really appreciated the visit and wrote some very thoughtful things on their feedback sheets. Your explanations were really clear and you made the students feel comfortable.
Please contact us by phone or email. One of the team running the Centre will get back to you promptly.
We suggest a donation of £40 per school visit. For someone from the Centre to visit a school we suggest £40 plus travelling expenses.
The Clear Vision Trust provides audio-visual resources on Buddhism that match the requirements of the curriculum.